Monday 3 August 2020

Burrows and Badgers

The first models from the Kickstarter I picked up in York finally painted, these were a bit more recent and the Adder had been done from a previous Kickstarter,  But these are my crew for the Warren Percy affair. (subject to change with the whims of these things)

Well at least they will be once we get back to normal gaming at club.  I've currently got StoatBarts hauliers on the painting table just now, alongside the amazing Ferret Rogue and the mighty fine upstanding independent Magpie trader.


3 comments:

  1. Not sure I'm into the idea of the game or milieu for B&B but the mini's are generally very nice, huge amounts of character and these are no exception. Great painting on the models. Whats the basing material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game is pretty good and the models are fantastic, so easy to paint. (Think Redwall if you want some inspiration towards it)

      The Basing is teabags, one I picked up from a Northstar article. Let the bags dry out and then open them and dump them in a box to dry out some more. I paint the recessed part of the base Vallejo Earth, then PVA, add tea bags, let it all dry then I paint over a mixture I keep in an old pot of PVA, brown school acrylic, and water to help seal it all in.

      I'll occasionally add a second application to bring the layer up to the edge of the moulded base if it's needed. Some are deeper than others. But I do this with anything that's got a moulded base, just to smooth out the edge of the actual base to the top of the moulded base.

      Delete
    2. Cool, not sure I'd heard of the tea leaf idea before and hadn't seen it 'in action', looks the dogs.... Like a sort of forest floor look. Really nice.

      Heard of coffee grounds before which can give a good effect too but usually rougher.

      Delete