Friday, 22 July 2016

Sharp Practice French

Well it's finally done, I've finished off a Napoleonic force! I really detested painting these figures, I think it's just the level of detail on the uniforms that annoyed me and as a result it took so long to do. (Although it's actually just under a year as I picked the first of these up at Claymore last year, we just won't mention the British that have been languishing for far longer) They require a level of crispness that I'm just not used to painting anymore, recent armies have all been, dark ages, ww2 etc. Anyway here's the usual badly focused/lit pictures.

I'm going to paint a few random things next, last squad for my CoC germans, finish off the last Amazon bases, Tuetonic leader for Saga Crescent and the Cross.  Then I think I'll need a concerted effort to try and get the British done to match this lot.

Sunday, 10 July 2016

Hordes of the Things

Played a few games of this now using my 15 mm armies and we still haven't managed to get a win with the undead force. Oh well! But having hunted through the collection, I now have the Undead and Arabian Myth force seen earlier in the blog, but also, Dwarves, Medieval and Romans all painted (with a couple of bases in the dwarf force as an exception) I also have based, but not fully painted Celt and Greeks forces.

Anyway, Dave was talking about doing some Mythical Greece, so I dug out my old Grenadier Amazons and did some tidying up to fit them onto 60mm frontage bases. So here they are all finished. I have 28 points there to choose from so far with a further 4 points lurking.

1 Hero, 2 Knights (Chariots), 1 Beasts or Riders, 4 archers, 2 blades, 3 spear, with another spear on the painting table to make it up to 4.  I'm sure I have another 2 cats, but only 1 rider, (I used the other one on a Unicorn decades ago) which will give me a second Beasts/Riders which I'd prefer as from experience so far I'm not keen on having a single element type present in the army.