Saturday, 9 April 2016

Blood Eagle

We played our first game of this last Monday, using my Wolfpack from the Giles Kristian books Raven Blood Eye, Sons of Thunder and Odin's Wolves. David had his own vikings and I'd made up a third Sidhe warband at the last minute which Jim used on the night.  We went for a very simple scenario to test things, Davids vikings were in a village trying to sacrifice some christian priests on the old Oak tree, I was supposed to be trying to save them and the Sidhe were annoyed that a sacred oak was going to get soaked with christian blood.

The game went okay, the feel of it is very different to In Her Majesties Name and Daisho but it seems to work. Even with the extra abilities that the Sidhe had it didn't feel out of place.

Anyways, my pictures were a bit crap because I kept forgetting to take them. but here they are anyway and also here's my copy of the Blood Eagle - calculator  I've made up for making warbands.

Quarterly Update!

I like the idea of doing the blog to keep track of what I've been painting, but it just doesn't happen that I remember to take pictures as and when I complete stuff, so over the last few months I've been working on the following.

So first up we have the 10mm Finnish I got from Pendraken at the Leeds show. Based specifically so we can try them with Chain of Command to see if it will work in the smaller scale, these ones are finished, the rest have been based up and will be used with these ones for BKC.  Russians will be bought at Carronade and the same will be done with them.

Next up, there was a small resurrection of DBA at the club, and seeing as RiC and myself have been talking about it for a while, I finally got round to finishing off my 15mm Hordes of Things armies, I have Arabs and Undead, most of whom were already painted but needed tidying up and rebasing onto proper bases, all new MDF bases with magnetic strips on the bottom so they'll stick to a biscuit tin. I have a bunch of Dwarves, Medieval Humans, and Celts that need worked on and I have some Romans already.

This next set are the 28mm WW2 Germans, I got one squad for christmas, the rest I picked up second hand from ebay, 2 squads finished, 1 more to go and then buy some support options for playing Chain of Command.

Lastly for this update my Skaven warband for the next Mordheim campaign at the club, painted up differently to Fi's Skavan so I can claim these ones.

More to come at some point, I bought Blood Eagle when it came out and I'll no doubt get a few more Vikings for it, as well as playing with some of the more mythical warbands from it will likely see some of my Elves getting a tidy up as Sidhe and some dwarves as well.

Likewise on the new rules front Sharp Practice 2 is finally on the horizon and preordered so that means a concerted push to get my forces painted up for it. I keep hoping that I'll be able to pick up some prepainted Napoleonics at the Carronade flea market really cheaply, but I doubt that's going to happen as I really hate painting formal uniforms.